ISSX advances research and education on the interplay of living systems with medicines and chemicals for the benefit of society worldwide.
Objectives of the Society
- Foster and encourage inter-disciplinary, innovative science relating to the disposition, metabolism and biological effects of drugs and other xenobiotics
- Facilitate the association of scientists from all geographic regions in this field and related disciplines
- Disseminate and discuss the results of research and related matters of interest
- Promote education and training in this field
What Does ISSX Do?
As the foremost organization representing the interests of researchers and educators in DMPK and other related areas of research, ISSX is engaged in multiple activities to support, promote, and advance the science worldwide. ISSX:
- Hosts the International Meeting, one of the world’s largest gatherings of researchers in xenobiotics, offering innovative short courses, symposia, lectures and other events.
- Hosts regional meetings and workshops in Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America on a regular basis.
- Awards recognition of excellence in scientific and service achievements through the international Distinguished Scientific Achievement and Distinguished Service Awards, and the regional Scientific and New Investigator Awards.
- Offers opportunities for professional exposure through solicitation and publication of abstracts and poster presentations.